Simple dress

I had a t-shirt that didn’t really fit me (and had a bleach stain on the collar), so I made it into a little dress –


I used Prudent Baby’s “Pillowcase” baby dress pattern. It was a pretty good project, I like the easy pattern and lines. I like how once it gets too small it can be turned in to a skirt by just cutting off the top and adding an elastic casing. I am way proud of myself – I cut strips of the t-shirt and used them to bind the armholes with –


It’s not perfect, but pretty awesome for my first attempt!


  • Used French seams again; they look great but next time I need to remember to add a little more seam allowance to compensate.
  • Next time, sew the armhole binding a little further away from the edge so it’s not so small.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: